Laboratory technician with IT application knowledge (Python, R)
- 36 - 40 uur
- HLO/BSc ,
- Biotech / Life Sciences ,
- Quality Assurances QA
What will your job be?
Within this position you will join the team working on automation of laboratory processes. You will be involved in day to day tasks like resolution of system issues, troubleshooting of various business applications like LIMS and LES. As all the applications you are working with are laboratory related, we are looking for someone with a laboratory degree - preferably within life sciences - with affinity and knowledge of the technological and IT side of the laboratory.
There are two positions available. One has a generic scope; the other focuses on automation and streamlining the IT of laboratory processes. Coding in Python and/or R is preferable.
What do you need for the position of Laboratory technician with IT application knowledge (Python, R)?
We are looking for candidates who can check the following boxes:
- MSc or BASc degree in the laboratory field; preferably life sciences or biotechnology
- Experience with working at laboratories - preferably also in a company
- Good knowledge of laboratory applications like LIMS
- Experience with laboratory automation is a plus; High level of IT Affinity is a must.
- Preferably you have some Python/R experience
- Ambition to develop yourself and grow into a specialist role
- Good command of English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- In possession of a valid work permit
- Living in Leiden area or willing to move there
So what about the company?
Benefits Laboratory technician with IT application knowledge (Python, R)
- Permanent position
- Full time job
- Good salary and benefits (based on experience; range €2700 - €3500)
About Science @ Work
People and science come together at Science @ Work. Our Talent Aqcuisition Experts are all high-level discussion partners with a completed laboratory and science education. We bring talent and employers together for permanent and temporary jobs throughout the Netherlands.
As a specialized division of a Dutch recruitment organization with 6 offices, we have a large span and even greater industry knowledge.
Science @ Work equals quality and knowledge. Science @ Work further distinguishes itself by the latest recruitment technologies, inspired recruiters and attention to people and the environment. In this way we work faster, more efficiently and greener.
Science @ Work works for MLO, HLO/BASc and MSc professionals in the life sciences, pharmacy, food, biotechnology and (petro) chemistry throughout the Netherlands. We offer permanent and temporary laboratory and science jobs in microbiology, chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, sales, quality assurance, medical devices and biomedical laboratory technology.