Lead Scientist Tissue Engineering – process and product development
- Regio Rotterdam
- 36 - 40 uur
- PhD (+) ,
- Scientific Management
Wat ga je doen?
With a strong team of scientists, you lead the new process and product development of tissue engineering for future commercial food production. As the lead Scientist of process and product development your first goal is to identify and optimise the best and economic viable scaffolding material for muscle and fat tissue engineering for scale up from laboratory to commercial scale.
The next phase of the company will focus on process and product development. Taste, texture and visual characteristics will eventually determine the success and market positioning of new meat concepts and products. Eventually you grow your team to 6-8 staff, ranging from laboratory technicians, food application technologists to assistant scientists who will continuous work on new developments and product improvements.
In this role, you combine your in-depth scientific knowledge with project management, people management skills and an ambitious and entrepreneurial mindset. As a goal orientated, multidisciplinary scientist, you are able to reach results by pulling resources, brainpower and people together.
Wie zoeken wij voor Lead Scientist Tissue Engineering – process and product development?
For this position we seek a professional with a strong track record and people and project management skills:
- Master or PhD education in biotechnology, tissue engineering, biomaterials or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in a commercial environment, preferably in within the food or biotech industry
- In-depth knowledge of tissue engineering, including scaffolding (bio)materials for culturing muscle and fat cells, derived from pluripotent stem cells
- Good project management skills; able to liaise with scientists, external partners and manage internal staff in a dynamic, high tech and fast growing environment
- A pioneering and entrepreneurial mind
Wat kun je verwachten van het bedrijf?
This is a permanent position based in Zuid-Holland (Delft), the Netherlands. For this position a highly competitive salary and participation in the stock option plan is offered.
If relocation is needed, a relocation package can be offered.
If you are interested or want to know more, please send a resume to email@example.com or call Dirk Burgmans, MSc, senior Scientific Talent Acquisition Expert, at + 31 20 303 21 20.