Protein Chemistry Technician
- 36 - 40 uur ,
- 32 uur
- HLO/BSc ,
- Chemie ,
- Biotech / Life Sciences
What will your job be?
This position is at a company in Utrecht area, working on development and production of proteins. You will work hands-on in the laboratory, characterizing proteins. You will work with HPLC, LC-MS and CE. You will perform analysis as well as work on development of new methods for development of new proteins. Additionally, the team itself is responsible for day-to-day maintenance and trouble-shooting of the analyzers.
This is a medior position, meaning that the company prefers a candidate with 2-4 years of work experience in the field of protein chemistry, someone who can also coach the juniors in the team and help them with technical questions where needed.
Who are we looking for?
For the position of Protein Chemistry Technician we are looking for a candidate with the following background and expertise:
- BASc degree (HLO) in the field of biochemistry, analytical chemistry, biotechnology or similar
- Someone with a MSc degree who prefers working hands-on in the laboratory would also be an option
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of protein chemistry
- Experience with HPLC and MS
- Experience with CE is a plus
- You have some method development experience, preferably with HPLC or LC-MS
- You are good at keeping an overview and working on several projects simultaneously
- You are a teamplayer
- Fluent in English (word and speech)
- Dutch is a plus
What about the company?
This position is at a innovative and international company, working on development of proteins, mainly for medical purposes. Some of the most important values within this company are teamwork and sharing knowledge. It is a developing company, providing opportunities for employees to develop themselves within their job and within the company.
- Permanent job, starting with a 12 month contract
- 32-40 h/wk
- Competitive salary, €2600 - €3300 gross/month
- Attractive benefits
About Science @ Work
Science @ Work brings people and science together. Our Talent Aqcuisition Experts are all high-level discussion partners with a completed laboratory and science education. We bring talent and employers together for permanent and temporary jobs throughout the Netherlands.
As a specialized division of a Dutch recruitment organization with 6 offices, we have a wide reach and even greater industry knowledge.
Science @ Work equals quality and knowledge. What further distinguishes Science @ Work are the latest recruitment technologies, enthusiastic recruiters and attention to people and the environment. This way we work faster, more efficiently and greener.
Science @ Work works for MLO, HLO and WO professionals in the life sciences, pharmacy, food, biotechnology and (petro) chemistry throughout the Netherlands. We offer permanent and temporary laboratory and science jobs within microbiology, chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, sales, quality assurance, medical devices and biomedical laboratory technology.