Research technician cell biology & automation
- Regio Utrecht
Gewenst aantal uren
- 36 - 40 uur
- HLO/BSc ,
- Biotech / Life Sciences
What will your job be?
This position is within the team that is focussing on selecting the interesting proteins for further investigation and development. You will develop and perform binding assays and cell based assays (such as viability, apoptosis, live-dead assays and reporter assays). You will work with automated and semi-automated high throughput systems (up to 1536 well). There's a variety of read-put technologies involved, amongst which fluorescence, luminescence, imaging and label-free technologies. Naturally you will take care of accurate documentation and communication within the team and with other departments. You will also create work instructions for internal use.
Who are we looking for?
For this challenging position we are looking for a laboratory professional with the following experience:
- BSc or MSc degree within the field of life sciences, biochemistry, biotechnology or similar
- 3+ years experience with cell culture, binding assays, and cell based assays
- Experience with High Throughput Systems (HTS) is a big plus
- You are interested in assay technologies and automation
- Experience in the area of image based assays and analysis and label free technology is appreciated
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written). Good knowledge of Dutch is a plus, but no must
- You are available fulltime
Candidates with a PhD degree do not qualify for this position.
What to expect?
This job is at a fast growing biotech company with strong focus on research and development. There is a high level of expertise, and everyone is very motivated to contribute to creating the best products available on the market. The environment is driven and challenging and therefore very motivating.
- long term job
- fulltime contract. Preferably you are available for 40 hours a week. For a perfect match 36h/wk might be an option.
- Competitive salary (€3500 - €4500, depending on experience)