Specialist Flow Cytometry (FACS)
- Regio Utrecht
- 36 - 40 uur
- HLO/BSc ,
- Biotech / Life Sciences
What will your job be?
This is a vacancy within a growing biotech company, with a strong focus on research and development. Within this company Flow Cytometry is a very important technique and quite some of the work is performed by using Flow Cytometry methods for cell analysing and cell sorting. The current job opening is for a FACS expert. In this role you will be responsible for the daily operation of the FACS machines, including calibration, maintenance and trouble shooting. You will also train new researcher on the theory, but also the use of FACS equipment and software programs. You will also be involved in development of new Flow Cytometry based assays.
So, in short the main aspects of this role are:
- Daily operation of FACS - including trouble shooting and calibration
- Contribution to development of new Flow Cytometry analysis
- Training of new employees on all FACS related topics
- Go-to-person when it comes to questions regarding Flow Cytometry
- To make sure the FACS equipment is used efficiently
Who are we looking for?
For this position we are looking for someone with the following background and experience:
- BSc or MSc degree within the field of life science, immunology or comparable
- At least 4 years of Flow Cytometry experience, including development and/or trouble shooting
- Knowledge in the field of immunology
- Experienced in cell culturing and cell based assays
We are looking for an enthusiastic person, who feels comfortable to be a specialist and go-to person and to be involved in different projects at the same time. Therefore, good commication skills in English (both verbal and written) as well as the capacity to keep an overview when performing different projects is necessary to perform well in this job.
NB. People with a PhD degree will not qualify for this position.
What kind of company is this position at?
- Long term position
- Competitive salary
- Fulltime position, 40 h/wk ( open to discuss 36h/wk for a perfect match)